Saturday, October 4, 2014

Volcano Eruption in Google Earth

EN: I put an overlayed map of the location of the new lava field caused by the recent eruption of volcano Bardarbunga. I think it's ok, I should not go in this are during my trek in the winter but hopefully the volcano itself will not explode (down left on the image) as it would melt the ice. My winter route should be more or less 70% of my summer route. (Red=lava field, today above 16km long)

FR: J'ai superposé une image de l'étendue de la lave créée lors de l'éruption du volcan Bardarbunga (Rouge=la lave qui mesure aujourd'hui plus de 16km de long). Je crois que c'est assez éloigné de mon passage futur en hiver. Mais si le volcan lui-même explose et fait fondre la glace (en bas à gauche) je serai en très mauvaise posture. Mon trajet hivernal devrait se rapprocher à 70% de mon trajet d'été.

No comments: